HeadImage

HeadImage

Tuesday 3 July 2007

Blogging

I think at some point all bloggers blog about blogging. What were my intentions when starting this? Who was I hoping would read my thoughts (if anyone)? What was I going to write about? How often will I write?

I want to document my interactions with things related to design and design history. Exhibitions, lectures, books. And subjects that interest me, websites or links to other blogs or articles that I come across and enjoy.

Should the entries be in the form of essays? - it is a skill I need to brush up on; I check in with the Design Research Group blog (http://designresearchgroup.wordpress.com/) and the essays are interesting, informative and of a certain high discourse that I would like to aspire to. And so I started with the entry on The Frankfurt Kitchen - but I find it too jam-packed with information, and nothing new really. Another design blog I've come across and find really interesting, inspiring and informative is 1+1=3 (http://www.oneplusoneequalsthree.com/). It has lovely pictures and captured thoughts. My last few blogs have been statements of where I've been and a casual comment on my opinion of the exhibitions. Again, I am disatisfied. I think they should be more meaty! So I will try to write as if I am telling a friend about whatever it is is on my mind regarding a certain subject. Chatty, personal.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments: