HeadImage

HeadImage

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Summercase Festival in Madrid - Schedule

I've just compiled a grid of who's playing when and where for the Summercase festival in Madrid that we're going to on friday and saturday.

The letters on the left are the names given to the four different stages. The vertical lines break up according to the time the bands are due to go on. The time given to each band isn't the same hence the variation in the width of the cells.

I had the grid layout designed from the Hard Working Class Heroes Festival last year. It's the same idea - different bands playing in different venues with slightly varying time changes.

The colours I used for Dublin were appropriate for the venues (I thought!) but I don't know the differences between the stages in Madrid and don't know the bands well enough to deduce a music genre/vibe (if there is one) on each stage. It was hard to know when to draw the ending line, should I end them all with one line and square off the grid; how long will the last act play for? I decided it was more readable and probable if I guessed when the stage would be finished up! Big decision!

I really enjoyed putting this together. It's one of my ventures into graphic design!

No comments: