HeadImage

HeadImage

Saturday 22 September 2007

Car Free Day

Today is car free day the world over and Dublin is no exception.
I came across this website which I thought was very informative and interesting:
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/
The Dublin City Council press release is very badly put together. Free events at Merrion Sq, Parnell Sq and Herbert Park. Unfortunately I'm sick in bed so won't be joining in!
I remember being abroad for one of these car-free days. I think it might have been Paris, and it was fantastic. Families and all kinds of people were roller-blading, cycling, skate-boarding through the streets. A few years ago I think the buses were free in Dublin on this day.
My family aren't setting a good example though I'm afraid. Both my aunt and my mother came into town today - by car, and they would be users of public transport. Convenience and time constraints made up their minds today.

No comments: