HeadImage

HeadImage

Tuesday 13 November 2007

Dublin Bus

Here's the newly designed bus-stop that Dublin Bus are planning to bring out. I spotted this one on O'Connell Street outside their offices.

I like the clear way the numbers of the buses servicing the stop are displayed (the white bit at the bottom of the top part). A little white square for each bus and as many as is required can be added.

The four-sided info bit got me very exited. There's a little blurb about "new design" of info and stop etc. It could be good. But unfortunately the other sides just have the same ol' stuff about what time the No 46A leaves Dun Laoghaire - no indication about the time it's due at the stop you're waiting for it. Rubbish! I think this is a basic requirement.

If my memory serves me correctly there's some kind of an attempt at a map displayed on the stop.

There was something uniquely Dublin about the old bus stop. A new arrival at the stop would arrive up, spin the info 'cylinder' around as if it was going to tell them something, then they'd join the line, with hope in their hearts that a bus would come soon. Ah Dublin Bus! And this is the week of controversy when the drivers are on strike about new bus routes...

As you can see, I've found the cable ;O)

1 comment:

pershing said...

It took me actually 3 years until I realised that at the stop the time table refers only to the start at a bus station...
ROisin, very interesting blog!
KAte