HeadImage

HeadImage

Sunday 23 December 2007

An Ideal Hotel

Haven't blogged in ages and feel bad about it. New job - trying to settle down and such excuses.
Stayed in a hotel with my mam back in mid-November. We don't stay in hotels as a rule but I won a prize.
Got me to thinking about my ideal hotel room:
  • suitcase rack
  • place to hang/place used and therefore damp towels
  • underfloor heating in the bathroom
  • bedside reading lights that won't disturb the other person.

They seem basic enough requirements and I'm sure there's much more that could be listed there. It reminds me of a documentary I saw - an interview with the American architect, Philip Johnson filmed in his pavillion-like collection of buildings where he lived. The guest house was purposely missing things like light-switches positioned next to the bed and nice touches like that to intentionally annoy his guests and ensure they didn't overstay their welcome.

No comments: