HeadImage

HeadImage

Monday 26 April 2010

What's the best direction for sleep?

I did a search for the above sentence a few week's ago and came up with the most nonsensical answers; an array of reasons and justifications and dismissals for sleeping N-S, E-W or not. The explanations ranged from sleeping in the direction of the rising sun, magnetic energies and much more besides.

But there was no conclusive argument that I could find.

The reason I'm bothered recalling any of this, is that I'm in a very contented, relaxed, happy mood at the moment. And I'm putting it down to sleep. And the biggest change in my life regarding sleep is the position of my bed. Because - I will confess - I did experiment with positioning my bed different ways.Now the problem I had to contend with was that the house isn't facing due anywhich way!!!

I chose E-W after consulting Spiro Kostof's History of Architecture. Churches are constructed on an East-West axis.

No comments: