HeadImage

HeadImage

Sunday 6 January 2008

Shelving Design Wizard

I'm a sucker for online design tools. www.shelvingsystem.co.uk has a wizard to put together an arrangement of their shelving system to suit your requirements (depth, width, height, with or without back supports, side panels etc etc).
My aunt in Belgium has this idea of a modular shelf unit as does my Dad in his study. My aunt
has added to hers successfully over the years.
The shelves are held on metal brackets that clip into one of the holes in the uprights. And they come in polished or unpolished wood. Dunno if this is the company my family has used.
Another design tool I like is the www.ikea.com kitchen layout tool. It's actually nicer than the shelving one because it doesn't just apply to the ikea kitchens, the units are pretty standard and the ikea drawings can be used as a basis for seeing your finished kitchen and knowing what units will fit.

1 comment: