HeadImage

HeadImage

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Dirk Wynants

When I posted about the Visit to The Design Museum in Gent, I mentioned I'd write more about the exhibition about Dirk Wynants.
I loved this product:
I liked this product:
And I kind of liked this one:
I did not like this one: A kind of podium thing. Too "designery". Too "cool". A bare bulb? An overall unaesthetic shape. But I thought the internal step, the space for computer/notes to be hidden etc were good. Good ideas but badly manifested (in my opinion, of course, I think the Museum in Gent are very happy with it and they use it for launches and speeches).

But back to my very favourite of Dirk Wynants designs for the Extremis range: Arthur.

Arthur is a fold-up / flat-pack table that can be put together temporarily for a dinner party. Move the usual, regular, day-to-day bits of furniture and life aside, and fill the room with a table for friends and food. Everybody can have a large dinner party!
Comes in three different sizes for 8 or 10 or 12 people.
And the centre circular plate rotates (which I love and experienced in Cairo for eating mezze).

No comments: