HeadImage

HeadImage

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sewing patterns

Wow! There I was thinking that sewing patterns were limited to
  • Burda
  • Butterick
  • Simplicity
  • New Look
  • Vogue
Because that's more or less the supply in a Dublin shop (Hickey's); the only shop I know of in Dublin that stocks patterns. Murphy Sheehy fabric shop will order Vogue patterns.

But oh! My delight today in discovering other pattern brands / companies / drafters:
Japanese (pattern books):
  • Simple Chic Dress Patterns by Machiko Kayaki
  • Feminine Wardrobe
  • Stylish girls' clothes
  • I Am Cute Dresses by Sato Watanabe
  • Linen Wool Cotton by Akiko Mano
  • Simple Modern Sewing: 8 basic patterns to create 25 favourite garments by Shufu To Seikatsu Sha
and for children only:
Underwear:
Bags:
I'm not really into quilting but Lizzie House's stuff impressed me.
Curious to know more about The Lutterloh System of pattern making.

No comments: